Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Patience is a virtue

The biopsy on our embryos has not been done yet.  I probably should not have been so eager to order the blood test for Eric. I was in San Francisco when I made the appointment and the connection wasn't good and the lady must have only heard the "genetic screening" when I said "pre-genetic screening".  So that is where Eric's blood was sent. To Councyl. So from that,we found out that he is a carrier of Cystic Fibrosis. Our donor and I are both negative for that disease so it is not a concern for us since both parents need to contribute a gene for cystic fibrosis. However I read that a carrier of cysstic fibrosis often suffers with infertility, Kind of explains the 3 years it took to get a bfp.

Eric had to have a his blood drawn again. Our donor had hers drawn but results are still pending. Since we are going to be in Barbados for 2 weeks in December we have decided to wait until February?March for our next transfer. Depending on the PGS results of course.

I can't believe summer is over already and I missed out on many of the things I look forward to in the summertime.  Going through a 5th miscarriage and d & c was not how I envisioned it.  I was looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas being pregnant.  Each year those holidays become an even more painful reminder that infertility sucks big time!

No comments:

Post a Comment