Thursday, June 12, 2014

2nd Beta



My 2nd beta  Wednesday 11th was 1923. The nurse said it was rising nicely. When I asked "Shouldn’t it have doubled?" She said no, they are looking for a 60 % rise and mine rose by 69 %. I think that they prefer it to double every 48 hours but the nurses there are so encouraging. I had some period-like cramping which worried me because I have not had any fluttering or stretching at all so this does not seem good.

I have to have another beta on Friday 13th. So much for my nurse saying I wouldn’t have to have as many betas if I waited a week after I got my first positive.  With the pregnancy I had last May/June the OB only made me have 2 betas. I remember her saying that all was well because the numbers were doubling every 48 hours.
I requested the 3rd myself because I was being cautious. Trying to think positive... at least it went UP and not down. 

The online hcg calculator says:
Under 1200 mIU/ml they look for doubling of 31-72 hours.
Then between 1200 to 6000 mIU/ml 72-96 hours. 
Mine is doubling after 63 hours so I am still in range.
I wish I had insisted to have my first beta last week. Then I would have at least known if it was doubling early on.. Seems that after 1200 they do not always double. I would not have had to wait 2 days waiting and wondering..The graph shows that my first beta was even higher than "maximum" so I can't help but think maybe our embryo split in 2 and only one implanted properly? Vanishing twin. I know it is common when 2 embryos are transferred. The chance of one embryo splitting are slim but still possible with a FET.

Neither Eric nor I got much sleep last night! I woke up at 2 am and was very hormonal and emotional. 
I didn't feel pregnant anymore because the crawling I get in my ankle every pregnancy has stopped. :(

I have a 7:30 am appoint for bloodwork again tomorrow and then acupuncture. Eric's shoulder is still hurting so we will both go for acupuncture afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment